Updated: Jul 12
Some tips to enjoy, be more productive and don´t lose emotional connection
Working from home is a benefit or a condition very often nowadays. For sure it has a positive impact in work-life balance but is sometimes suspected as the cause of lack of productivity and sometimes can generate a feeling of loneliness for the employees.
We will give you some tips that will positively impact your routine.
1. When working remotely, having a reliable internet connection is crucial. Ensure that you have a stable internet connection and position yourself in a quiet area of your home that is within range of your Wi-Fi router.
2. If your company already utilizes cloud-based tools like Zoom, Slack, and Google Drive, it can greatly facilitate remote work. These tools allow for seamless communication and collaboration with colleagues. If such tools are not provided by your company, you can take advantage of free programs like Google Drive for easy file storage and sharing.
3. Effective internal communication is key. Some HR software platforms offer built-in solutions for video interviews and instant messaging. Alternatively, you can use tools like Slack, which allows for quick chat messages, file sharing, and supports various media formats. For video calls, popular options include Skype, Google Hangouts, or Zoom.
4. Having access to a competent IT team is important for resolving any technical issues that may arise. Whether your IT team is in-house or outsourced, maintaining regular communication with them is essential. They can provide guidance on downloading tools like TeamViewer for remote access to computers, ensuring smooth operation while working remotely.
Plan your day
5.Creating a schedule that suits your needs is crucial when working from home. Take the time to plan your tasks, set daily and weekly goals, and make an effort to stick to them. While flexibility is one of the advantages of remote work, it's also essential to be available for ad hoc calls with clients, candidates, or other stakeholders. Adjusting your schedule to align with your personal productivity rhythm can enhance your efficiency and work-life balance. However, it's equally important to consider the schedules of others when coordinating meetings or calls to ensure effective communication and collaboration.
6. Maintaining motivation while working from home can be a challenge, given the potential distractions. In such situations, it becomes crucial to rely on intrinsic motivation and create an environment that encourages productivity. Take the time to reflect on what you love about your job and what drives you professionally. Visualize the end results of your tasks and projects, allowing yourself to stay focused and motivated throughout the day.
7. Remember, when working from home, you are in control of your own schedule and outcomes. Embrace this autonomy and demonstrate your maturity, enthusiasm, and ability to work independently. By taking ownership of your work and showcasing your dedication, you can prove your capabilities and contribute to the success of your projects and organization.
Prepare for a video call
8. When participating in video calls, it's important to maintain professionalism and be fully prepared, even if only your upper half is visible. Treat video calls with the same level of preparation as face-to-face meetings. Remove any potential distractions from your surroundings and keep your mobile phone on silent to avoid disruptions. Refrain from glancing at your phone during the call, as it may convey disinterest.
9. Before speaking, take a brief pause to ensure the other person has finished speaking. This allows for smoother communication, especially in cases where there may be network delays. If there are multiple participants in the video call, consider muting your microphone when you're not speaking. This ensures that any background noises from your environment don't disturb others and helps maintain clear audio quality for the active speaker.
By following these tips, you can ensure a professional and productive video call experience, demonstrating your attentiveness and respect for others' time.
10. When you notice your energy levels dropping while working from home, it's important to take breaks to recharge. You can go for a walk, listen to your favorite song, or even have a little dance session. These activities can help rejuvenate your energy and refresh your mind. When you return to your work, continue following your scheduled plan for the day.
Just like in a traditional office setting, small breaks happen spontaneously. Whether it's making a coffee, having a chat with a colleague, or stepping outside for some fresh air, these moments of respite can be beneficial for your mind. It's essential to incorporate such breaks into your home office routine as well. Engage in light exercises or simply change your environment for a while. These activities can help alleviate mental fatigue and enhance your focus when you resume work.
If you're seeking the next step in your career, we are here to support you. Explore the latest job opportunities and submit your applications. We eagerly await the opportunity to connect with you and discuss your potential future endeavors.
Connect with others
11. Maintaining regular communication with your boss and colleagues is crucial to feeling connected and part of the team, especially when working remotely. While physical proximity in an office setting naturally fosters communication and bonding, remote work requires more intentional effort.
One way to foster connection is by reaching out to your colleagues. Share a funny meme, send a quick message to check in on how they're doing, or even schedule a virtual coffee chat. These small gestures can help maintain a sense of camaraderie and strengthen relationships.
12. Additionally, staying engaged in team meetings and collaborative projects is important. Be proactive in sharing your ideas, providing updates on your progress, and actively participating in discussions. This shows your commitment to the team and helps you stay connected to the overall goals and objectives.
By actively engaging with your boss and colleagues, you can cultivate a sense of teamwork and maintain strong relationships, even when working remotely.